www.flickr.com
blind king's TheBlindKing photoset blind king's TheBlindKing photoset

The Blind KingĀ® - obscurer than thou

"Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world." - Annie Lenox

7.20.2003

The Blind King played yesterday during the day to "a festival crowd" I hope someone took pictures, cause it sure was fun. Nice sunny day, at last! Last 2 times we tried to play Davis Square it rained...

ANYways, The Blind King practiced a lot last week, so we were pretty relaxed and had fun and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves on stage. The crowd was attentive and stuck it out through the whole set, which was very cool considering all the other neat stuff to do at ARTBEAT 2003. My voice was a little ragged from singing too much right before the show, but I warmed up eventually. Also, Beth and I worked on singing together and it really clicked this time, I think, especially on Murder, which we played last.

Set list:

Beautiful Song
Lost It Again
Punk Rock Dream
New Strings
Driving
Nothing
'Til You're Gone
Box
Song for Mikey
Lady Fay
Murder


We got a lot of good feedback from friends and strangers alike. I'll post some pics if I can find some. Saw people there with video cameras so if you have any footage of the show we'd love to see it.

http://www.somervilleartscouncil.org/artbeatfeature.pdf

loading...